Saturday, December 13, 2008

Storytime

Cole and I were having storytime together yesterday and he was sharing a story with me that he had written. It began, "Once upon a time there was a little boy named Cole, and he had a mom named Mom ..." The story then had us go to the beach and do all kinds of fun things together.

Now, being a stay-at-home mom, and a teach-at-home teacher, and a work-at-home employee, there are days when a small feeling starts creeping into my mind, and I long to be called something other that "Mom." Something crazy ... like ... Gwen or something ...

But, I really am so very thankful that I get to be called Mom. It's the name that I've wanted to be called since I was a little girl. I am amazingly blessed. I love being a mom named Mom.

5 comments:

P-D's said...

and what 4 amazing little blessings you have to call you "mom"...

Dana said...

so sweet and a great reminder that i often need =) thanks! just seeing that pic of you makes me miss you too!

Miller's Rock! said...

Sweetest blog entry ever award!

And I concur...I have a key chain that says, I love my kids. On the back it says I love my kids, yes I do.

The best feeling in the world is when you hear your kids call you, Mama. God is so good!

The Owens said...

I agree that this deserves the sweetest blog entry every award! Thank you for sharing it! I can't wait for Jacob to call me mom :) So precious! What a sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

I love it when moms love being moms!