Tuesday, December 9, 2008

makin' the most of my mixer...

my new birthday/Christmas gift sat on the counter for over a week before gwen made some snicker doodle cookies this last saturday... i was jealous of her time spent with my machine so today i made up for it in a big way... but like any new relationship we had some bumps in the road...

the first thing i did was whip up some sugar cookie dough... got it wrapped and put into the fridge...



next i whipped up some generic dough to try and do a drop cookie (ones with reeses peanut butter cups and some with hersheys peppermint twist drops)...


as the first batch was in the oven i unwrapped the kisses and cups...
then as soon as they came out... i put the candy on... but...failure was lurking in the wings... both the kisses and the cups melted... in a big way... these cookies a failure only to be eaten by family...




the next batch i put in mini-muffin pans like my big sis holly told me to... and that worked alot better...



























and lastly... abby and i worked the sugar cookie dough into some delicious to be frosted later cookies... stockings, bells, stars, mickey mouse, trees, reindeer, etc...




overall a big success... i look forward to many more opportunities to spend time with my new mixer...







5 comments:

Miller's Rock! said...

Congrats on the purchase! I've been in love with mine for over 10 years now. (Wow, I can't believe it's been that long!)

My favorite things to use it for are double batch banana bread, spritz cookie dough and frosting. So easy and Lila loves being in charge of the speeds.

Have lots of fun!

The Owens said...

I am so JEALOUS! That is awesome! I think I need to put that on my list for next year :)

sarah said...

Yummy!! What a cute little baker Abby is. I love this time of year with all the holiday food!! Not good for the waist line, but oh so yummy!

Dana said...

she's a beauty!!! have fun with her =)

P-D's said...

How lucky you are to have a new mixer and a "big sis" to give you advice...