Friday, December 26, 2008

CHRISTmas eve... pre-gift exchange...

so... since we were snowed in and our church cancelled their CHRISTmas eve service... we decided to do one here at the house...BEFORE presents...

so my brother tim, his wife jen and their kids evan and lila read an advent reading that they were going to read on sunday at their church... but it was cancelled also...


then my dad spoke briefly about the importance of focusing our gifts/resources/ and energies on others... very cool...



then abby played away in the manger on the piano for us all...



then noah played angels we have heard on high... they both played extremely well and helped us all get into the spirit of CHRISTmas even more...


after that, ethan read the christmas passage from luke 2: 4-15ish... very cool... everyone loved this...




then my sisters boy, justin played the theme song from star wars? a little random but cole thought it was very cool...
after that lila danced the sugar plum fairy dance from the nutcracker... included her holding the nutcracker and all...



another great opportunity for a family photo... holly, tim, my dad, my mom, dan and me...

















i wanted a good photo of me and my mom... and this is how it turned out... no surprise with 'naughty' evan around... (wonder if he got coal in the stocking on CHRISTmas morning) (just kidden)














mia and gwen pose for a snapshot of the happy evening...

















me and my love...



the cookie spread... always a treat...












more photos to come....

2 comments:

The Aldridge's said...

Looks like a wonderful evening! Sorry to hear that all of your services were cancelled! How much snow do you have now?

Dana said...

what a special night! that stuff makes for awesome memories- i can't believe how talented all of your kids are- to be able to celebrate Christmas Eve with their own special talents. Seriously cool! love you guys. Glad you had a Merry Christmas!!!