Friday, December 21, 2007

The Christmas Fun Begins


Noah had his Winter Concert at school this past Tuesday evening. (Of course, we cannot call it a Christmas concert anymore.) They sang songs and played their recorders. Nothing like 75 4th graders playing recorders to get you in the Christmas spirit :-)


And today our Christmas baking officially began! Abby helped me mix up some sugar cookies and Noah helped me with Mark's favorite butterscotch drop cookies. Tomorrow we'll work on the rolling, cutting, and frosting of the sugar cookies, peanut butter fudge, chocolate fudge, peppermint fudge, and maybe some gingerbread cookies if I don't wear out before then! And, of course, Christmas Eve morning would never be complete without homemade caramel rolls and lefse! I can't wait!

My brother, Greg, flies in from North Dakota this afternoon. The kids and I are so excited to go pick him up from the airport and enjoy the next 9 days together!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Gwen- you are my hero!! Your family (especially husband =) is verrrry lucky!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's looks like fun! The one thing I didn't get to do this year that I really missed! Your kids, look adorable, as usual, helping mom get all of her goodies put together :)