Thursday, November 1, 2007

this...was a rough one

today was a tough day... i wanted to blog this and give some great story or verse that would encourage me and you... but i was dry... i had nothing...

then i thought... i will ask you... i will ask for comments on "how do you get through a tough day? what do you do to remedy a day like this?"... so thats what i was going to do... but... ill surf my daily blogs first... i thought...


through a friend of a friends blog i stumbled upon this well known... often used passage... and i knew... this was it... this is what i needed... maybe you need it too...


The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me besides peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along the right paths,
bringing honor to his name.
Even when i walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.


Psalm 23


i would love if you have a favorite passage, quote or saying... or if there is something you do to get you through a rough one... if you could share it with me... i would greatly appreciate it...


tomorrows a new day... a new dawn... and with a new day comes new challenges... i am glad to know He is with me...

mm

4 comments:

The Fears said...

When Im having ,"a day" I pray for more patience, then I tell myself that this job is not what my life is about or makes me who I am and thenI think about my wife and my 3 kids that give me a reason to live and make me who I am. Love you man.

gw

ps cant wait for sat.

the millers said...

thanks brother... sat. will be great...

The Vaheys said...

well bro...hard days require two things...a punching bag and loud music. no just kidding. life is hard man, you need close people you can vent on.

the millers said...

hey... i got the loud music... you got the bag... we make a great pair... thanks for the encouragement...