Tuesday, September 11, 2007

blessings



I try to get up fairly early in the morning to get some work in before the kids get up. Not at 3:00 am when Mark gets up, but by 4:30 for sure. I get myself ready for the day and then work until around 7:00 when the kids start waking up. Today, Cole ventured downstairs around 6:00 wiping the sleep from his eyes. I admit, I was a bit irritated. This is supposed to be my work time! I told him that it wasn't time to get up yet. Look, I said, it's still dark outside! I turned around from my desk with him in my lap to see the most beautiful sunrise. These pictures do not do it justice. It made me stop thinking about what I wasn't getting done and take a moment to be thankful for the amazing sunrise, the hugs and love of my son, and the blessings that my God showers upon me. And . . . I wondered how many blessings He longs to give me, but I am too busy to notice . . . Suddenly, I was thankful for Cole waking up early today.

2 comments:

the millers said...

i love you gwen...

the millers said...

I don't know how long ago you posted this comment, but I finally noticed it today. I LOVE YOU, TOO! You are amazing in every way and I am so thankful that God has blessed me with you.