Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The important things . . .

Last week Thursday I (Gwen) had worship team practice at church at the same time that Noah had football practice. So, Mark took the three boys to football and I took Abby with me to worship practice. While we were there she drew this. (In case you need a translation of her 6-year-old spelling) I'm sorry for Jesus. He had to die. It had to hurt. I love him a lot. I thought it was pretty great that while she'd brought a backpack full of littlest pet shop and dolls to play with, instead she was first thinking about her Savior and drew this. Even greater was when she got home and showed this to her little brother, Cole (3). He listened to her read it and then responded, "yeah, but he came back to life again!" Now that's a triumph!

4 comments:

brase yourself said...

Your kids are great!! It's awesome when they begin grasping the gospel and thinking/drawing about it. Thanks again for you guys' friendship.

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful Abby! It made my eyes tear up just reading it! Jesus loves you and so do I!

grandma & grandpa from North Dakota said...

Hi Abby,
What a beautiful picture you drew and what a powerful message you wrote! We love Jesus, too, and we love you!
G & G from ND

Anonymous said...

That is SO cool. It is a great picture too! What a cool site you have here. When you get a chance, (Mark or Gwen) give us a call. We can tell you a number of reasons why this has been a "sucky" summer :-)

The Aldridge's