Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer Fun

Here are a few random pictures from the last week or so. I think I'm realizing that with football starting, summer is quickly coming to an end, and we better enjoy our last days of sunshine and free time!

Noah and Abby riding the "little loop" around our house.


Ethan and his friend Gabriel (from school). Gabriel came over one day last week to help Ethan conquer Smash Brothers on the Wii.


Abby, Cole and I went to a concert in the park in Lacey on Tuesday after piano lessons while Mark, Noah and Ethan were at football practice.


On Wednesday, the kids and I went to another concert in the park here in DuPont with Papa and Gramma.


And yesterday, Abby, Cole and I went to the new park that just opened in DuPont while the other three were (again!) at football practice.


Here are Abby and Cole on our way home ... shortly before I was, once again, awarded the mother of the year award. Why? Well, yesterday Cole had found his Cars knee pads in the garage and wanted to wear them on our ride. I told him that he never falls on his scooter and didn't need them (because I was SURE that about a block from our house, he would decide he didn't want them and I would have to carry them all of the way to the park and home again). He agreed and off we went. Well, of course, he fell twice! The second time was on the way home and he REALLY messed up both of his knees! So, in the end, I ended up carrying Cole, his scooter, and his helmet most of the way home. You'd think after four kids I would be smarter than this ...

3 comments:

P-D's said...

Looks like you all have had a fun and busy summer! Looking forward to football!

Dana said...

that all looks like a TON of fun- being outdoors in the summertime, i can't remember what that's like =). miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fears said...

Abby looks like your're doing a great job on the two wheeler!!!!
mr. wes