Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Happy, Heavy Heart

It seems like it was just yesterday that I did a post on going to see The Nutcracker with Abby and her best buddies Biz and Miki, and my best buddies Martina and Kerri. I mentioned in that post that neither of these families could ever move away because we love them so much and they are such a huge part of our lives ... and here we are, just seven months later, and the Grants have already moved away to Iowa and the Fears just told us yesterday that they are moving to Silverdale. I am so incredibly happy for the Fears. Wes has gotten a new job, which will be so great for their family. They are not moving far enough away that we will never (or hardly ever) see them again. And yet, they are moving far enough away that life will be different. We won't go to the same church anymore. We won't have playdates on short notice anymore. Martina won't help me get rid of the gray hair at 8:00 at night anymore after we both put our kids to bed. We won't get to watch 4th of July fireworks at their house in Tumwater anymore. Our kids won't take swimming lessons together anymore. Abby and Biz, Noah and Colton, and Cole and Matthew won't be in Sunday School, Awana, VBS, and kids choir together anymore ...

God has blessed both the Grants and the Fears and is taking care of their families. I really AM happy for them.


And yet, my heart is so very heavy. Biz is the fourth good friend that Abby will have move away from her in her short 7 years of life. Biz is her security blanket at church. They have been best friends for long enough that Abby doesn't remember life without her. She will miss her. Martina is an amazingly important part of my life. I will miss her. Mark will miss Wes. Noah will miss Colton. Cole will miss Matthew. Our family will miss their family.


Mark says that I am having a pity party. I'm sure he is right. But my heart is still heavy ... and happy.

1 comment:

P-D's said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your friends are moving, not only because they are your friends but because Martina does such a good job on my hair...I am happy for them though. You will all be in my prayers.

Abby- When I was in 5th grade my best friend since Kindergarten moved to North Carolina (far away). But we are still friends and keep in touch with each other. You and Biz can too! I will be praying for you!
Auntie Holly