Friday, April 18, 2008

It's All About Jesus

This post is honestly and most sincerely not intended to be a debate on home-schooling vs. public schooling. I am not "for" or "against" either. I think that either or both can be completely the "right" answer for each child and each family. Mark and I talk about it and pray about it each year, and make our decision based on what we feel God is leading us to do. So, for now, our oldest three children have all gone to our local public school. And one of the things I love about that choice, is that they are able to share their faith and their love for Jesus with their unchurched friends at school. Their boldness has amazed me so many times. It has encouraged me and inspired me. I love that, because our faith is so much a part of everything that we do, that it's completely natural for them to share that faith with anyone and everyone.

Here are a few of the projects that Abby has done for school this year, which have reminded me that, no matter how or where our children go to school, or how or where each of us as adults spend our days . . . it's all about Jesus.




This was Abby's "dream" on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.



This was Abby's response to her first grade class project of drawing a picture of what they love the most for Valentine's Day. This picture was posted on the bulletin board in the main hallway of the kids' school for the month of February. (As a side note, this project was to be done at home. When Abby drew her picture, her big brother Noah looked at it and said, "Abby, that's not what Jesus looked like." Abby, without having to think for a second, said, "when I close my eyes and see my Jesus, this is exactly what he looks like.")



This was Abby's response just this week to an assignment in class to write a paragraph on how they could change the world and make it a better place.

3 comments:

P-D's said...

Your childen are truely a shining light for Jesus! We all can learn a great lesson from them!
Thanks!

Dana said...

Amen to all of it! And praise God for Abby's especially tender heart in sharing her love for Jesus. So awesome.

Grant Gang said...

What a joy to see the heart Abby has for her Jesus!! We all should share so boldly! Salt and Light, that is what it is all about. Praise Jesus for Abby's example!