Saturday, August 8, 2009

Our New Favorite Books

So, Abby has been getting these "Elephant and Piggie" books from the library all summer. And, to be honest, I've kind of given her a bad time about them, telling her they were WAY too easy for her, and she should get something more at her reading level. But she insisted, "I really like them. They are so funny!"

Then today...

We made a quick trip to the library, and Abby and Cole picked out two new books they hadn't gotten yet ("Watch Me Throw the Ball" & "I Love My New Toy"). Noah then read them both aloud to me (cool and funny voices thrown in at no additional charge) in the van as we drove to an afternoon birthday party. And I now totally understand why Abby always wanted to get them. They are hilarious! The illustrations are simple, yet fantastic and full of expression.

If you have little ones (and maybe even if you don't), and you've never checked out Mo Willems' books, you really should.

3 comments:

The Fears said...

I will look for them monday thanks any suggestions for me

The Aldridge's said...

Thanks for the suggestion!

Dana said...

love book recommendations! we will try them out =)