Friday, December 10, 2010

Pioneer Wrestling

Yesterday was Noah's first ever wrestling match. Although the outcome wasn't what he would have desired, he made a great effort and learned some valuable lessons he will use as the season progresses.

As a mom, I'll just say this ... it was a million times more stressful than watching him play football.

I'll admit, I have been one to mock wrestling in the past. But I am quickly realizing that, while the uniform still leaves a bit to be desired in my humble opinion, wrestling is one very tough, intense sport that requires a ton of mental and physical strength.

And, although Noah is really enjoying it, I'm happy it's a fairly short season because after just one match I felt like I needed a bottle of Advil, a massage, and maybe some counseling regarding my overprotective mothering.

No comments: