Monday, November 17, 2008

Time for a Change

After Noah's Seahawks remodel, and Ethan and Cole's bedroom make-over, I finally convinced Mark (well, sort of, anyway) that Abby deserved a new look, too. She has, after all, had the same bedding since she was 18 months old! So, we turned her lavender and yellow floral room into a sweet pink and green bigger girl room.

Abby helped us cover up the old lavender paint with pale green ...


and pink ... with my old baptismal gown providing a little "vintage" look. (Does that make me vintage? At least I don't think I quite qualify as antique yet!)

And, of course, our good friend Marie was willing to lend her artistic skills to our endeavor and helped us out with the stenciling and rose painting. We decided to skip all of the frilly flowers this time, and instead use some simple stencils and Abby's favorite verse from 1 Samuel that describes Abigail as an intelligent and beautiful woman. A perfect description of the woman that Mark and I pray she will grow up to be.


Abby loves the final look of her "new" room. And I do, too!

8 comments:

The Aldridge's said...

It is beautiful!!

Cheryl

The Owens said...

Abby the room is beautiful! And thank you for sharing your favorite verse! That is awesome!!!

The Fears said...

that looks great.

Miller's Rock! said...

Hooray Abby! You and Lila have the same colors in your rooms. How special. Lila can't wait to see you next Thursday.

sarah said...

How precious! I want a pink room!

grandma & grandpa from North Dakota said...

Hi Abby! Love your new colors -- a beautiful room for a beautiful girl! Happy Thanksgiving! Love from Grandma & Grandpa from ND

P-D's said...

Nice job Abby! I can't wait to see it in person! Do you hire out? My whole house needs painting and I HATE to do it!!!

Dana said...

gorgeous! and that verse rocks!