Saturday, February 16, 2008

Seriously?




That's just not right! I have definitely realized that after leaving North Dakota 16 years ago for the Pacific Northwest, I have become a wimp! The snow is beautiful, but it is just TOO COLD for me!!! This temperature was a couple of days ago . . . today it is actually a toasty 22 degrees ABOVE zero! My brother, Greg, is outside now using his invaluable snow blower to clear off his driveway and plow some runs so that his little dog can get out into the yard.

Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me these past few days. I so appreciate you! It was wonderful to see family that I haven't seen for a long time, and to get to share stories and memories together. The older I get, the more I am recognizing the value and importance of family, and how our time together is something to be treasured. I still get to spend the rest of today (Saturday) with my brother, and then tomorrow morning I fly out of Fargo at 7:00 am to return home. I am so thankful that I was able to make this trip, and also so thankful that I am able to return home tomorrow to see Mark and the kids. I have missed them terribly, and am very ready for some hugs and kisses from Noey, Eapster, Abby Jawabby, and Colio . . . and Mark, too :-)

4 comments:

The Aldridge's said...

Welcome to our world! :-) We are supposed to be getting more snow tonight (and you know it's scary when the weather man won't tell you how much!)

the millers said...

tooo cold!!!!

mark

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Gwen's Grandmother. Our thoughts and prayers are with the whole family.

On a happier note, are you guys doing Disneyland this year? We just decide that we are going to take Jonah for his birthday in lieu of a party! (tough choice, eh?) We are going late April.

Matt

the millers said...

matt... thanks for the condolences... it was nice of you to take the time to comment...

as to disneyland... we are very jealous... we are not attending this years festivities... late april will be perfect... check my old posts on disneyland...(click on the tab in the column on right) i will definately talk to you before you go... you will have a blast...

mark
have you started blogging yet?